Federal employees and retirees represent a strong, caring community through the CFC, dedicated to making a difference for those in need. Overseen by the Office of Personnel Management, the CFC offers the federal community the opportunity to donate to thousands of participating charities. Here’s how it works:
HOW THE CFC WORKS FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYEES
1. Choose your cause. Whether you care about finding cures for diseases, supporting military families, or promoting equality for all, the CFC has vetted charities for any cause you want to support. You can even give to multiple charities with one pledge.
2. Make your pledge. Our favorite giving option, the online pledge portal, allows you to easily renew your pledge each year and offers the full range of pledge options:
- Payroll deduction (the most popular!)
- Credit/debit card
- E-check/bank transfer
- Volunteer hours (federal employees only)
Other options include the CFC Giving Mobile App and paper pledge forms.
3. Change the World. Thanks to your generosity, CFC charities will make a difference in our local communities, across the nation, and around the world.
HOW THE CFC WORKS FOR CAMPAIGN WORKERS
1. Prepare for your role. Learn about the CFC and your responsibilities as a campaign worker through training sessions and resources. Choose your cause, pledge, and engage with the campaign before inviting others.
2. Inspire your colleagues. Be a CFC champion by planning fun events, involving charities, using inspirational stories, including leadership, and personally inviting your colleagues to join the CFC community. Make giving easy by assisting with online donations, mobile giving, and paper pledge submissions.
3. Change the world. Your efforts will bring help and hope to millions of people as monetary and volunteer pledges go to support the missions of thousands of participating charities.
HOW THE CFC WORKS FOR CHARITIES
1. Apply to participate. Be a part of the official workplace giving campaign for the federal community and gain access to millions of potential donors around the world through one online application.* CFC donations provide a critical source of unrestricted funding throughout the year.
2.Engage the federal community. Attend campaign events, promote your CFC number with your existing donor base, and share success stories and videos to inspire generosity. Make sure to thank donors and coordinate with those who pledged volunteer hours.
3. Change the world. Put the generosity of the federal community to work – provide help and hope for those in the communities you serve.
*All approved organizations must meet the charity standards and pay the required fees.
WHY GIVE THROUGH THE CFC
We know there are a lot of giving options out there. You might be wondering: Why should I give through the CFC? Here are three great reasons:
- Give through Payroll Deduction. Designate recurring gifts from each paycheck for a greater impact over time.
- Give to Multiple Charities. Make all of your charitable donations and pledge volunteer hours in one place.
- Give for Collective Impact. The world is a better place when changemakers like us give together.
For a history of the Combined Federal Campaign, please visit the OPM website.